While Every Cycle
Hello Naked Beauties!
Just like the changing of the seasons or the end of another month, our skin goes through its own changes. When we are in our late teens and early twenties our skin regenerated itself every 2-to-3 weeks. As we mature, our skin regeneration begins to slow.
It is important for us to understand what our skin life cycle is and how to care for our skin. The skincare routine we had in your early 20’s is not going to achieve the same benefits when we mature through life.
What are our skin’s life cycles as we age?
- In our late teens and early 20’s our skin life cycle is 2-to-3 weeks
- In our late 20’s to early 40’s our skin life cycle is 4 weeks
- During our late 40’s and on our skin life cycle slows to 5-to-8 week cycles.
As our skin life cycle begins to slow down, it is important for us to remember the following.
1) Dead skin cells sitting on the layer of new skin can cause sagging, fine lines, and wrinkles.
2) Bacteria can get trapped between the old dead skin layer and your new skin layer causing breakouts.
3) Discoloration and spots may occur
4) Exfoliate frequently- exfoliation during the cooler seasons is important, as you probably have more dry flakey skin than usual. If you don’t remove it with a form of exfoliant, your skin can become severely dehydrated because it’s difficult for your moisturizer to penetrate properly.
As we start to understand our current skins life cycle, we must also understand what is the best skincare routine for us and our skin. Types of products that are great to have in any ones skincare routine to promote healthy skin cell turnover is
1) A gentle daily cleanser, such as Janis & Fay Boston’s Cucumber Daily Cleanser, featured in our Fall Box. This cleanser This gentle daily cleanser effectively eliminates dirt, impurities, and dry or dead skin cells. The soothing botanical extracts contained in this formula help diminish dullness, and leave skin renewed and refreshed.
2) A gentle weekly facial exfoliant, such as Janis & Fay Boston Exfoliating Face Scrub, featured in our Fall Box. Gentle Exfoliating Face Scrub with Jojoba Beads and Fruit Extracts deeply nourishes and moisturizes your skin for a soft, silky feel, while improving the appearance of dull, stressed skin.
3) A hydrating Moisturizer, such as Modern Skyn Alchemy’s Oat Milk Facial Creme, featured in our Fall Box. A creamy moisturizer is rich in safflower oil, cocoa butter, and oat milk. Lightly scented making it the perfect staple in your daily skincare ritual.
Have you changed your skincare routine as your skin matures? If you have any tips questions or comments, leave them down below.